These days the sixth anniversary of the load test with railway material of the Ulla River Viaduct in the High Speed Atlantic Axis (https://lnkd.in/dhCYenf) is celebrated, which represented the largest construction of a bridge in the world with a composite (steel&concrete) truss deck for HSR, with a total length of 1608 m and three record spans of 225 + 240 + 225 m. The viaduct, designed by IDEAM, S.A. and built by the JV Dragados SA – TECSA for ADIF, was awarded with the following prizes:
– Finalist of the IABSE Outstanding Structure Award 2016, the first time that a Spanish bridge obtained this award.
– III ACHE Awards for Structural Engineering 2017. Award for the greatest Innovation.
– Finalist of the VII Aqueduct of Segovia 2015 award
– San Telmo 2015 Award for the best civil work
– Beyond Building Barcelona Construmat 2015 Award. Category: Civil Engineering and Urbanism.
More information can be found in the article: