Miguel Ortega Cornejo is Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O.) of IDEAM SA and Associate Professor of Steel and Composite (steel&conrcrete) Structures and Bridges at the Civil Engineering School of the Polytechnic University of Madrid.
Miguel has been working on multiple tasks within the association:
– He has been a member of the Board of ACHE since 2017 and has chaired the Events Committee between 2017 and 2022.
– He chaired Commission 4 “Use and Maintenance of Structures” from 2012 to 2017 and has been a member of Commission 6 “Steel and Composite Structures” since its creation in 2017.
– He coordinated the Book “Realizaciones Españolas” 2009-2016.
– He has published 14 articles in technical journal “Hormigón y Acero”, and he has been an external supervisor of the journal since 2010. He has participated in 46 presentations at the last 7 ACHE congresses since 2002.
– He has been a member of the Reviewing Scientific Committee of the VI ACHE Congress of 2014 in Madrid, of the VII ACHE Congress of 2017 in A Coruña and of the VIII ACHE Congress of 2022 in Santander, and has been a member of the Organizing Committee of the VIII Congress of ACHE of 2022 of Santander.